Here is a checklist to follow if your filters don’t get displayed where you need them:
- Go to the preset settings (annasta Filters settings > Filter presets > press the Edit preset button for the needed preset), scroll down to the Display on section of the preset settings, and make sure that the page on which you wish to display the preset is listed in the Display on list.
Pay attention to the differences between displaying preset on shop pages, and the taxonomy archive pages for the products taxonomies, which have to be added to the Display on list separately if you wish to filter them (these are the pages ending in “… taxonomy archive pages”).
To troubleshoot, you can temporarily assign the Display on to All pages, to see if the problem persists.
- While on preset settings page, also check that the Visibility option is set to Visible.
Tip: you can also try to set Visibility to Controlled by “Filters” button to see if a “Filters” toggle button gets inserted above the products list of WooCommerce shop or archive pages. However, please keep in mind that presets set to the Controlled by “Filters” button Visibility will not get displayed on non-filterable pages!
- If you use Elementor plugin, please read our notes on filters set up with Elementor.
- If only some filters do not display, check that the preset is not of Step-by-step filtering style, or that the filter’s Empty items style isn’t set to Hidden.
Another reason for some particular filter to not get displayed is if they are set as a level of hierarchical step-by-step.
- a) If you used the annasta Filters widget to place your preset into the needed section of the site, go to the Appearance > Widgets page of WP admin, and make sure that the widget is placed in the correct section (for example, the needed sidebar / header), and the correct annasta Filters preset is selected in the widget settings. Some themes create separate sidebars and headers for shop and blog pages, check if the annasta Filters widget is placed in the correct one.
b) If you use the annasta Filters shortcode to display your filters preset, make sure that the shortcode is placed correctly, and is in the section of the site that is currently getting displayed. The shortcode is usually inserted with the help of the Shortcode widget, or called from the code by echoing the do_shortcode, like so: echo do_shortcode( ‘[annasta_filters preset_id=1]’ ); (don’t forget to enter the correct preset id).